Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Why does Lethbridge have so many ghost stories?

What is it about Lethbridge? I can think of at least 17 places that have ghost stories attached to them. Hmmm. Maybe it's the wind.

One place I recently heard of related to a ghost story was the old Isolation Hospital on 7th Avenue South. Someone reported seeing a woman dressed as a nurse and said she could feel herself back in time. Anyone else have any stories about that place?

I've also heard rumours of ghost stories for the college. But only that they think it's haunted. I've never had a really good story for that place. So if you have a good college story, don't hesitate to share.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    That whole area around the isolation hospital has some weird goings on. I grew up a couple of blocks from there and heard all kinds of stories from people in the neighborhood. I remember hearing that the original Whoop-up trail ran through that little gulley - mabye that's got something to do with it.
    Belinda, are you from the Galt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work there. But this is outside work. Hoping to put a book together on ghosts of southern Alberta.

    ReplyDelete