Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ghosts May not Sleep but Ghost Story Hunting Takes a Break, Sometimes

Someone asked me the other day if I picked up any new stories at all in the last while (maybe because I haven't been posting on the BLOG as regularly as I once did). I could only smile and say "well, only about 10 just this past week." While I haven't had much time of late to share stories, I have certainly had the opportunity to collect them.

One told to me in September was about the old Schweitzer Bakery building on London Road in Lethbridge. Two of the staff were working when one noted that a man walked past here and to the back of the building. She wasn't too worried because she knew another staff was back there and would redirect the man. The other person heard the man, went to speak to him but there was no one there (even though there was no other exit out of the room).

Just this past week I had another story told to me of a place along the Enchant Highway between Enchant and Vauxhall. Years ago, when I was in High School, I had heard some weird whisperings about this place. But this time I was told the complete story.

The house on the property had burned down years ago but there was a garage left. Two men, Bill and Clifford, were working on a car in the garage. They had a light on above the car which suddenly went off. When they went to check, they saw the light had been unplugged from the wall (though there was no one else around). They plugged it back in and returned to work -- only to have the light once again unplugged! After this occurred several times the two men decided that they had to get out of there.

They went outside and saw in the yard a woman completely dressed in white carrying two suitcases. As they watched, she floated upwards and disappeared. Considering that one of the rumours of the property was that the husband had murdered his wife and hidden the body they of course quickly left after that.

I was also told of a Daycare in Lethbridge that I should check into. A hotel. A restaurant. And quite a number of other buildings. The hunt for ghost stories of southern Alberta continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment