Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Friend's Grandmother Was a Psychic

This one isn't a ghost story, but I found it so interesting when she told it to me, that I had to share it. But I can only share it with the extreme understanding that my friend (and her grandmother) remain anonymous.

I was telling this friend about how I'm trying to collect ghost stories from southern Alberta and she said that she didn't have any experiences with ghosts but that her grandmother had predicted a fire and a murder. Needless to say, she had me hooked and I wanted to know more.

When her grandmother was a child, she mentioned to her mother (friend's great-grandmother) that the school was on fire. Her mother hushed her saying that it wasn't true and it wasn't funny. The daughter looked at her mother and asked what time it was. The Mom said around noon. The daughter said something to the effect of, well, at 1 o'clock the school will be on fire. The great grandmother told her to stop joking and sent her off to school. When the young girl arrived at the school, the fire bells were ringing and the school was on fire. The time was exactly 1 o'clock.

Many years later, now an adult and married, she had a premonition/dream about this young woman that she knew who was calling for help. When she woke up, she was horrified to read the paper and found out this girl was missing. She told her husband that they should go to Park Lake, because the woman needed help. Or at least to tell the police that they should go to Park Lake. Her husband told her not to do anything because they would think she was nuts. So she reluctantly left it alone. A few days later the police found the young woman's murdered body at Park Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment