Sunday, August 29, 2010

Talking to the other side?

I had a chance this past week to speak to a medium who was incredibly helpful with my research. She is hesitant about talking to anyone and has asked me to use a pseudonym when referring to her so I'll call her Edith.

What I enjoyed about Edith's stories was how random were the messages she received and which she passed on to living relatives. In one case someone presented her the image of standing in a kitchen and making Nestle Quik cocoa. She found out from talking to his mother that this man (who died as an adult) had as a child made himself a glass every day when he got home from school. On another instant the person told her he was all right but that he missed the noodles. Edith later found out from his wife that noodles were his favourite home-made meal. And in a third instance the person showed her three raised vegetable beds which, sure enough, existed in the backyard of his home.

Another thing for me to think about and more stories for me to add in my continuing research into the haunted history (and folklore) of southern Alberta. And, don't forget, keep sending me your stories. The collection gets longer and better every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment